Welcome to the Wyoming Housing Commission Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) waiting list application.
This web-based process will assist you in applying for a place on the waiting list for the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program. You may apply at any time during the online registration’s open enrollment period (see “Registration Status” box to the right for this period). Upon the closing of the enrollment period, the WHC will conduct a random lottery of all eligible applications and place selected applicants on the Wyoming Housing Commission Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) waiting list.
Upon completion of registration, you should write down the tracking number. In case of any misfortune were to occur, the only verification we will accept of your application is your tracking number. If you cannot produce your tracking number under these circumstances, you will have to reapply at the next open of the waitlist application process.
Once the enrollment period ends applicants can return to this page after March 10, 2021, to check whether they were selected by clicking the “Search Existing Record” button to the right and entering the tracking number. Editing the application can only be completed during the enrollment period.
PLEASE NOTE: BEING SELECTED DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE ON THE WAITING LIST INDEFINITELY. YOU MUST COMPLY WITH THE ELIGIBILITY PROCESS BY RETURNING DOCUMENTS WE MAY SEND YOU AND YOU MUST RESPOND TO ATTEMPTS TO REACH YOU. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN BEING REMOVED FROM THE WAITING LIST. REGISTRATION STATUS ON THIS SITE DOES NOT UPDATE IF YOU HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE ACTIVE LIST.
To successfully apply, you will need to provide the Wyoming Housing Commission with the following information:
- First and last names of ALL members of your household
- Social security numbers and birthdates of ALL members of your household
- The total gross annual income of everyone in your household. This includes Supplemental Security Income (SSI), wages, Social Security, General Assistance, child support, and any other income received
- A valid phone number at which the WHC can contact you
- A valid address to which the WHC staff can send correspondence. Please do not use your email address or enter “HOMELESS” as your mailing address. We will need a physical address to mail you the required documents to complete the process if you are selected in the lottery.
To meet the Wyoming Housing Commission’s eligibility criteria, please note the following:
- Provide accurate information. Submission of false information or misrepresentation will result in disqualification from the lottery and may result in loss of eligibility to participate in the Housing Choice Voucher Program.
- Only ONE application per person. Submission of multiple applications will result in disqualification from the lottery. If you have applied previously and are still on the current waitlist, any new application will be deleted.
- Applicant must not exceed the Very Low Income Limit
VERY LOW INCOME LIMITS (by family size)
1 Person = $28,100 4 Person = $40,100 7 Person = $49,750
2 Person = $32,100 5 Person = $43,350 8 Person = $52,950
3 Person = $36,100 6 Person = $46,550
If you are randomly selected through the lottery process you will be notified by mail. That mailing will include a selection letter, Waiver of Liability form(s) and a HUD form 92006. These must be completed and returned as stated in the selection letter. If your selection letter is returned with no forwarding address you will be cancelled from the waitlist, therefore, please ensure you are indicating a valid address when completing your application.
If you are placed on the waiting list:
- You may be not be contacted for assistance for up to 2 years.
- Please contact the Wyoming Housing Commission office for instruction on how to update any of the following changes (these changes could affect your placement on the list, up or down):
- New address
- Add/Remove a family member
- Change in income
- Change in assets
If you are selected to be placed on the waiting list by the lottery, completing and returning your documents; selection priority will be as follows:
- Income level requirements
- Disabled adult in the household, elderly head of household, co-head or spouse; or families with minor children
- Date and time of application
Persons who do not meet the above preferences will not be pulled for eligibility processing until all persons with preferences have been served.
COMPLETING THIS ONLINE APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE A PLACEMENT ON THE WAITING LIST.
This is not an official HUD form and is used only as a format to fulfill the need for placement on the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program waiting list.